Federal Requirements for Paraprofessionals:
According to federal guidance, an instructional paraprofessional is required to meet the following requirements:
- An Associate’s degree or 60 semester hours of coursework documented on an official transcript from an accredited institution of higher education; or
- Meet a rigorous standard of quality as demonstrated through the passage of a formal state assessment
Arizona accepts the following paraprofessional assessments:
- ETS ParaPro Assessment 1-800-772-9476
This paper and pencil exam is offered twice a year at the University of Arizona.
- ACT Workkeys
- This online exam is offered at Central Arizona College in Coolidge and will be administered by appointment only. Registration is required.
- To set up an appointment call Dr. Jim Fedenia at (520) 494-6701.
- This exam consists of 3 separate assessments which must all be completed to meet the requirements.
- The following scores are required to pass each assessment (on a scale of Level 1-5):
- Level 4 Applied Mathematics - Test results given that day.
- Level 4 Reading for Information - Test results given that day.
- Level 3 Writing or Business Writing - Test results within 1 week.
- Master Teacher’s Para Educator Learning Network 1-800-669-9633
Due to budget constraints, TUSD is no longer offering the WorkKeys ParaPro Assessments within the District.
If you have any questions, please contact Mona in Human Resources at 225-6107.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Tucson Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, or disability
in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational
programs or activities.
La igualdad de oportunidades de empleo
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de Tucsón no discrimina
a base de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, orientación
sexual, edad, religión, o inhabilidad en admisión o acceso
a, o tratamiento de personas o empleo en sus programas educacionales