Gifted and Talented Education
On Tuesday, September 30, 2014, the G.A.T.E. office will be to Starr Center at 102 N. Plumer. For more information, contact Helen.LePage@tusd1.org or Denise.Orinski@tusd1.org
GATE fosters talent and creativity.
TUSD recognizes that gifted students have special educational needs that should be met within the context of educating the whole child through a variety of services and options.
The role of the Gifted Education program is to:
- Identify the particular abilities and needs of these students.
- Challenge students functioning at the highest level of ability.
- Encourage underachieving students who are capable of the highest performance.
- Promote higher level creative and productive thinking skills throughout the district.
- Promote creative or productive achievement.
For information about GATE recruitment, testing, and placement for the 2014-2015 school year, pelase see the info sheet (in PDF).
Please check back later for updated information about testing, programs, and more!